How to Ask a Vacation for the Boss
The holiday period is a right of all workers with a formal contract. Many companies create a holiday schedule for their employees, according to their profile, so you may not receive your holiday in the most common months between December and March, for example.
Steps to follow:
- For many workers, vacations are highly anticipated, as it is the moment when they can rest, stay with family or friends, travel and even do what they do not do during the rest of the year, such as renovating the house, doing repairs, etc. However, some of these activities should be done at certain times of the year, such as family vacations, which need to be carried out when the children are on school holidays too, or home renovation, which can not be done in the wetter months of the year.
- However, if the holiday schedule for your company’s employees does not match the month you would like to take your day off, it is possible to talk to your superior so that you are assessed the possibility of having your vacation the moment you is more conducive to their needs. So when asking the boss for a vacation, show him the reason you are asking for a change, whether it is the desire to take your children to a special place or the need for repairs to your home.
- The same goes for employees who work in places where there is no strict holiday schedule and they have a certain freedom to choose when they prefer to take their vacation. Informal workers should also be aware of this requirement, that of maintaining a trusting dialogue with their superior, so that there may be a time off even in work without a signed handbook.
- However, you need to consider some aspects before making this request in order to increase your chances of receiving an affirmative answer from the direction of the company where you work. In this sense, it is important to be coherent and avoid asking for vacations precisely in periods that it is already a tradition for the company to have more work to do. The same must be done when you know that other members of your team are going to take vacations on the days that you would also like to leave. Faced with this, another important tip is to talk to your boss in advance.
- To keep your industry from being embezzled, and even if you receive a negative response to your vacation request in a given time period, another tip is to talk to your cco-workers, including those who work directly with you. That way, you can combine with each other when it is best for each to take their vacation and propose to the boss the plan they have created. If the sector does not get deflated with the strategy set up does not have because the direction of the company does not accept.